Do you have a question about the DUI Class Online? First, check out the DUI classes FAQ below, then continue to the DUI Class Registration.
No. Only credit or debit cards are accepted for the DUI Class Online.
Yes, ALL of the sessions much be completed and moreover…in sequence.
You may request a 30-day extension, however you will be required to pay the $150.00 extension fee to continue (plus credit card transaction fee, typically 3.5%). To obtain an extension, click for on a 30-Day Extension.
If you qualify for the Indigent Scholarship program, then you may apply for a fee reduction scholarship. IMPORTANT: If you wish to apply for a reduced fee through the Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Fund, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER AT THIS TIME.
Intervention Instruction lives its mission to serve the economically disadvantaged by offering scholarships to those clients who qualify by offering financial assistance. We adhere to the Illinois State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse fee reduction guidelines, therefore you must be eligible under those State guidelines in order to qualify for an OASA fee reduction.
Please review the HHS financial guidelines to see if you qualify for the Indigent Scholarship program. If you don’t meet those requirements, but still feel that the fees will cause a financial burden, then you may apply for a fee reduction with Intervention Instruction directly. Completing this form, and faxing it, along with the other required documents, to Intervention Instruction, Inc.
NOTE: While Intervention Instruction does offer reduced fee plan for qualified applicants, every client must pay for at least a portion of the class. These reductions are based on State of Illinois guidelines.
What You Need to Apply for a Scholarship
First, please review the HHS financial guidelines to be sure you qualify before completing the next steps.
You will need to gather ALL of the following documents and FAX them to 773-404-9750. OR, you may email scanned documents ONLY if you can scan all pages into ONE PDF (all evaluation pages and client rights into one PDF) and include a cover pages with printed full name, email and phone number. Email the PDF and cover page to email@example.com.
1. Coversheet with your name, email address and telephone number
2. NOTARIZED Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
3. Copies of monthly bills in your name
4. At least TWO of the following documents:
– Most recently filed Federal or State Income Tax Return
– Unemployment Verification
– Public Aid Verification
– Disability Verification
– Social Security Earnings and Benefits Statement (contact the Social Security Office at 800-772-1213)
5. Evaluation Report or verification information (if your DUI case was tried in Illinois) (See sample report.)
6. Acknowledgement of Client Rights’ Statement
Once Intervention Instruction, Inc., has received the above information, you will be notified via email regarding your fee reduction eligibility and further registration instructions. All paperwork must be filed with Intervention Instruction before you receive your certificate of completion. In addition, you can see technical requirements and other information on DUI Class Registration.
No. Cook County, Illinois residents must contact Social Services to register for the (VIP).
The phone number is 312-948-6001 and the email is SSD.DUIeval@cookcountyil.gov.
Intervention is required to keep your files for as long as five years, before being destroyed. You will receive completion documentation at the end of your course. Only current client files are kept at our central office location.
All clients MUST have the following information to get an additional copy of completion Certificate.
– DUI Class Online Client ID and PIN (if you took the online class)
– Your driver’s license number
– Your Social Security number
There is a $10.00 fee for additional copies of completion paperwork (plus credit card transaction fee, typically 3.5%). Click to request a completion Certificate copy.
YES, if you received your DUI in Illinois. A duplicate copy faxed to 773-404-9750 is fine. You may keep the original. Most important, your evaluation must be received by Intervention BEFORE you will be assigned to the online course. Although if you received your DUI elsewhere, you must then provide verification that you have confirmed with your individual court monitor that DUI Class Online will satisfy the requirements of that state’s court order.
If you log on and begin the course, no refund is provided. However, if you do not start course and request a refund, it will be as follows:
– If requested less than 60 days after the initial payment, you will receive the submitted fee minus $25.
– If requested between 60 to 90 days after payment, you will receive the submitted fee minus $75.
– If requested between 120 to 150 days after payment, you will receive the submitted fee minus $100.
– If requested between 150 to 180 days after payment, you will receive the submitted fee minus $150.
– After 180 days, no refund will be provided.
For more information about the DUI process, visit:
– “Driving Under the Influence (DUI),” Illinois Secretary of State
– “DUI Processes and Evaluations,” Illinois Department of Human Services
Absolutely! Click the video clip below.